Restoration » Paralyzed Veterans of America 1946 Jeep
The History of the Jeep
With World War II coming to a close, Willy-Overland's began to consider the development of the CJ or "Civilian Jeep". He was hoping to market beyond the military by bringing four-wheel drive to the public. With mass production taking place in 1945, the intention was to gain ground with industrialists and agriculturalists.
Two Jeeps during this year included the CJ-2A and the MB. One of the major differences to spot between the two was that the MB had nine grille slots and the CJ-2A had seven.
Starting out these Jeeps were only offered in two colors which were Pasture Green and Harvest Tan; it wasn't until mid 1946 that more colors were added which were black, yellow, red and blue. These bright colors were meant to signify and symbolize the promise and hope of a postwar America. The staring two colors, green and tan, were later dropped.
Over 214 thousand CJ-2A were produced.
PETTY’S GARAGE BUILD PLANS:
Founded in 1946, Paralyzed Veterans of America is an organization dedicated to veterans service, medical research and civil rights for people with disabilities.
For more than 68 years, Paralyzed Veterans of America has been on a mission to change lives and build brighter futures for our seriously injured heroes.
Here at Petty's Garage we have restored this Jeep back to original condition just like it would have came off the assembly back in the mid 40's.
From metal work that was freshened up to a new paint job. The motor and drive train were also freshened up and up and running as smooth as the first day they turned the key.
Interested in having your vehicle restored at Petty's Garage? Give us a call!